 MediaWatch / 1973
Re: Bricklink Admin Bill Swanberg arrested for Lego thefts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Sat, 19 Nov 2005 13:26:21 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Andrew Bulthaupt wrote:
William A. Swanberg, the inventory admin on Bricklink was arrested for switching
UPCs on Lego sets.  Full story here:

http://www.co.washington.or.us/sheriff/media/win_100k.htm

and
http://www.oregonlive.com/metrowest/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/metro_west_news/1132289704309000.xml&coll=7#continue

I never did like that guy, but I never would have guessed this.  He'd better be
able to make up a much more violent or daring crime to tell his cellmates.  I
can just imagine what his prison life would be like:

Cellmate Bubba: "Hey you!  Yeah you, the scrawny cracker in the corner.  What
you in for?"
Swanberg: "I printed off some UPC's and put them on...uh, I mean...I killed a
guy.  Yeah, that's it.  I killed a guy!  And uh, he was bigger than you, and I
did it 'cause he looked at me funny."
Cellmate Ernie: "What?!  I heard you conned a bunch of Target stores out of a
bunch of those LEGO toys.  You know what else I heard?  I heard you wet yourself
and cried like a mamma's boy when the polile hauled you away."
Swanberg: "No, that wasn't me!  That must've been some OTHER 40 year old guy
from Reno named Swanberg.  OUCH!  Hey stop.  Really--I'm a tough hardened
criminal.  OWW!  Let go you guys, I'm serious.  You don't want to make
me--OUCH!!!"
Cellmate Bubba: "Make you what?  Make you get a concussion?"

I think there might be some rough times coming up for Bill Swanberg.