 Marketplace / Shopping / 12445
Re: LEGO Factory price list - Trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 22 May 2006 14:25:54 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Marc Nelson Jr. wrote:
   There are a few weird things going on in this group:
  • The curved track comes in twos. So if you put one curve in your model, you will have to buy two. That’s why there are only 5 curves pictured in the model.

  • The train wheels are coming up “Not Available”, so I don’t have a price for them. Any model containing the wheels also shows up as “Not Available” - see this ‘Passenger Car’.

  • The switch point lots say they contain 40 pieces. I don’t know why - they’re 10 pieces in LDD.
As always, parts are in lots of 10 and prices are in USD.

Marc Nelson Jr.

The prices are just plain odd and high. A pair of switches is 27.99, but one is 22.96? AND you need to buy in lots of ten? Straight track is 12.99 for a box of eight, but 19.99 for a lot of ten? I could buy one motor for 24.99 under your old system, but now need to buy 10 of them for 349.90? Geez TLC, do you think that you might be pricing yourself out of the market/causing your new product to fail?

Compare this to an ordinary train set from a hobby seller:

http://www.digitalgiftstore.com/6-31990.html

Doug