 Marketplace / Shopping / 12443

Subject:
LEGO Factory price list - Trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2006 20:47:03 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

There are a few weird things going on in this group:
  • The curved track comes in twos. So if you put one curve in your model, you will have to buy two. That’s why there are only 5 curves pictured in the model.

  • The train wheels are coming up “Not Available”, so I don’t have a price for them. Any model containing the wheels also shows up as “Not Available” - see this ‘Passenger Car’.

  • The switch point lots say they contain 40 pieces. I don’t know why - they’re 10 pieces in LDD.
As always, parts are in lots of 10 and prices are in USD.

Marc Nelson Jr.

Marc’s Creations

Part
   Color
   Price
   BrickLink Part ID

train, base 6x24
   black
   1.47
   6584

train, coupling new
   black
   .24
   2920

train, track 9v straight
   dark gray
   1.99
   2865

train, track 9v curve
   dark gray
   1.99
   2867

magnet, cylindrical
   black
   .95
   73092

train, wheel 2
   black
   n/a
   2878

train, track 9v switch point right
   dark gray
   22.26
   2859

train, track 9c switch point left
   dark gray
   22.26
   2861

electice, train motor 9v
   black
   34.99
   590

Re: LEGO Factory price list - Trains
In lugnet.market.shopping, Marc Nelson Jr. wrote:
   There are a few weird things going on in this group:
  • The curved track comes in twos. So if you put one curve in your model, you will have to buy two. That’s why there are only 5 curves pictured in the model.

  • The train wheels are coming up “Not Available”, so I don’t have a price for them. Any model containing the wheels also shows up as “Not Available” - see this ‘Passenger Car’.

  • The switch point lots say they contain 40 pieces. I don’t know why - they’re 10 pieces in LDD.
As always, parts are in lots of 10 and prices are in USD.

Marc Nelson Jr.

The prices are just plain odd and high. A pair of switches is 27.99, but one is 22.96? AND you need to buy in lots of ten? Straight track is 12.99 for a box of eight, but 19.99 for a lot of ten? I could buy one motor for 24.99 under your old system, but now need to buy 10 of them for 349.90? Geez TLC, do you think that you might be pricing yourself out of the market/causing your new product to fail?

Compare this to an ordinary train set from a hobby seller:

http://www.digitalgiftstore.com/6-31990.html

Doug

Re: LEGO Factory price list - Trains