 Marketplace / Shopping / 12450
Re: LEGO Factory price list - Trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 22 May 2006 18:20:44 GMT

On 5/22/06, Eric Kingsley <kingsley@nelug.org> wrote:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Timothy Gould wrote:
--SNIP--
Second the prices are extravagent and I have not been able to determine why
using my contacts as an Ambassador.

I have a thought... what if these are the new prices for 9V. Shipping
through
factory would be a good way for Lego to sell 9V trains (there are some
potential problems with confusion between systems but it could be made to
work) but with 9V being turned into a hobby system it makes sense for Lego
raise the price on the items to keep it viable.

Just a theory but not an impossible one I think.

Tim

Yeah I had thought the same thing as well.  The problem at the moment is that
the same product is currently available through S@H for a lot less.  Now if LF
Becomes the only source for 9v parts then I guess I couldn't complain to much
as
long as the 9v system were still available.

Actually the increase for straight and curved track I could probably live with
if I had to.  The increase for motors and switches needs a bit of explaining
before I go blindly accepting it.

I would expect that the track available through Factory would not
continue to be powered rail once the new train system is launched.
Kids buying the new IR controlled trains at TRU would expect the same
kind of all-plastic track from Lego too.

--
Help bring back the San Jose Earthquakes - http://www.soccersiliconvalley.com/