 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 505
  Cleanliness of the pieces

All, I feel that we need to reach a consensus on how sanitary these boxes should be. Obviously, fingerprint oils and minor dirt and such should be expected. But suppose someone were to receive a box with, say, moldy bricks? What should that someone (...) (25 years ago, 31-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Cleanliness of the pieces

I've found a nice cleaner that removes just about anything, including smoke smell - Lysol Kitchen Cleaner. It leaves a nice citrusy smell too ;-) If this is the Technic box, and you don't have time to clean them, I'll soak them for a day or 2 in it, (...) (25 years ago, 31-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Cleanliness of the pieces

(...) How will this affect the motors? How about the pneumatic pump, piston, and tank? These look fairly clean; I'll probably just leave them alone anyway... (...) Thanks, but I needed something to do while watching the Simpsons. :-, Cheers, - (...) (25 years ago, 31-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Cleanliness of the pieces

I must be a little confused here. Are there 2 Technic boxes floating around? Did I miss something? I will admit that I am not too savvy reading Todd's web based news, and the original 'technic box' thread disappeared from my newsreader weeks ago. (...) (25 years ago, 31-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Cleanliness of the pieces

(...) I got the box from Ben today. I just saw a bunch'o green mold on one of the bigger yellow cogs. I just happen to be allergic to most forms of mold and fungus. (And Barbara absolutely loves mushrooms! X-P ) (...) Which is a wicked cool idea! (...) (25 years ago, 31-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Cleanliness of the pieces

The tank SHOULD be clean, it was brand new never used when I put it in... so unless too many people have been drooling on it?? (...) (25 years ago, 31-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Cleanliness of the pieces

(...) I thought that was clay. That was on those cogs when they were donated by Todd. If you think you can get it off without distorting the plastic, it would be worth a try. I just happen to be allergic to most forms of mold and (...) (25 years ago, 31-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Cleanliness of the pieces

(...) If his mold sensitivities are anything like mine, he'll know if its mold or clay... Of course if its mold, a lysol or bleach soaking should do a lot to cure it. (25 years ago, 31-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Cleanliness of the pieces

(...) Cool! I'll just leave it alone then. Cheers, - jsproat (25 years ago, 31-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Cleanliness of the pieces

(...) Well, the itching hands, nose and eyes were a good indicator, but what really tipped me off was the yellow spores poking out of the green lump. (...) I thought about bleach, but decided against it because of its bleaching capabilities. Lysol (...) (25 years ago, 31-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Cleanliness of the pieces

(...) Good, wouldn't want any MORE drool on it (of course lots of us don't have to drool over them - does S@H still have 8250s in stock?) (25 years ago, 31-Aug-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)