 Local / United States / Minnesota / Minneapolis/St. Paul / * (-5)
Subject:
Vignette MOC of My Cubicle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.org.us.tclug
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2007 21:46:42 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hey everyone!

I was bored last night and decided I needed some LEGO at my desk at work.  I
whipped up this 12x12 vignette of my cubicle complete with me in minifig form.
You can check out the MOCPage and Brickshelf Gallery with the links below.  Any
comments are appreciated!  :-)

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=262076 Brickshelf Gallery>
<http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/32487 MOCPage>

-Dave

<http://photos.smsrallysport.com/ Dave & Stacy's Photo Page>
<http://blog.smsrallysport.com/ Dave & Stacy's Journal>

Subject:
GMLTC upcoming shows
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp, lugnet.loc.us.wi
Date:
Sun, 12 Feb 2006 23:22:40 GMT

(Cross-posted to a few relevant sections.  I hope I haven't gone bonkers.)

[The Greater Midwest Lego® Train Club] will be displaying its ever-expanding 18'
x 30' town/train layout at two Midwest shows in the coming weeks.  We've added
some new sections to the layout in recent months and hope to continue adding on
during the shows.

As always, we encourage visitors to bring their own rolling stock to run on our
layout.  There will be many many other (non-Lego®) train layouts and dealers
displaying at both shows, and John and Ross Neal's Twin Cities Lego® Train Club
(TCLTC) layout (<http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/10>) will also be set up at
the La Crosse show.

First, we're heading to a new show for us, close to home:

[The World's Greatest Hobby on Tour]
<http://www.wghshow.com/showinfo/stp/stpaul.htm>

Location:
St. Paul RiverCentre
175 West Kellogg Boulevard
St. Paul, MN 55102-1299

When:
Saturday, February 25, 2006: 10 am to 6 pm
Sunday, February 26, 2006: 10 am to 5 pm

Weekend admission:
$9.00 for adults.  Children under 16 enter free with a registered adult.

Three weeks later, we make our annual return to an old favorite:

[La Crosse & Three Rivers Model Railroad Show]
<http://l3rclub.rrdepot.com/show.php>

Location:
La Crosse Center
300 Harborview Plaza
Second and Pearl Streets
La Crosse, Wisconsin

When:
Saturday, March 18, 2006:  10 am to 6 pm
Sunday, March 19, 2006:  10 am to 4 pm

Admission (last year's rates, anyway):
$4.00 for adults, children under the age of 12 are free.
($1.00 off admission with donation of a non-perishable food item for local food
pantries.)

We hope to see you at one or both shows! :)

- Michael Zecca
GMLTC (<http://www.gmltc.org>)

Subject:
[USA-Minneapolis] Bulk brick benefit sale for Brian Kelly's son
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp
Date:
Tue, 3 May 2005 17:51:23 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

As Dean posted earlier, Brian Kelly would like to sell off his bulk Lego
collection to help cover medical expenses for his newborn son Joshua, who
required open heart surgery shortly after his recent birth.

What: "Pick-a-brick" style sale of hundreds of gallons of used Lego elements.
Come and choose just the parts you're interested in.  The parts are roughly
sorted by color and type, with minifigs and baseplates also separated.  This
collection is from numerous garage sale buys so there should be some good stuff
in there.

When: This Saturday, May 7th at 2PM.

Where: 4239 15th Ave. South, Minneapolis, 55407 (slightly northwest of Lake
Hiawatha)

Price: Make a fair offer on what you select.

Please consider helping Brian and his family in this way.  Brian can be
contacted with any questions at kelly01@visi.com.

Steve

Subject:
Cub Foods after Xmas markdowns
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 2004 05:42:03 GMT

I was in Cub Foods here in Fridley, Minnesota (57th & University Ave.) tonight (for groceries, honest!) and found several small sets on after Christmas clearance in their seasonal aisle, most for less than the Target just down the road. I’m not sure if the entire Cub Foods chain was carrying these sets, but it might be worth a look in your local Cub:

4346-4349: The standard 2004 X-pods (red, green, blue, yellow), $2.00 each (Note to locals: There were quite a few of each.)

4505: Designer Sea Machines, $5.00

4742: Alpha Team Chill Speeder, $2.00 (Target had them marked down to $2.78)

They also had three small 4+ Pirates sets (basically a minifig, an animal and a few other small parts) for $2.00 each and some Clickits sets, which were either $4 or $6 (can’t remember, as they don’t give me the same thrill).

(Note to locals: The Fridley Target at 53rd & University has also marked down several sets since I was there a couple of days ago. Most of what they had left of 2004’s World City and Harry Potter sets were marked down 30%, as were some of the Designer sets.)

Subject:
Building event in Rochester this weekend
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 2004 17:47:23 GMT

In case anyone missed it over in .announce, we'll be building a 7-foot-tall
replica of a landmark building in Rochester, MN this weekend.  Come down and
watch, heckle, or help!  See this post for the details:

http://news.lugnet.com/announce/?n=2673

Steve [GMLTC]

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact