 Local / United States / Minnesota / Minneapolis/St. Paul / *239 (-5)
Off-Topic: Minneapolis neighborhoods
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 2004 10:38:41 GMT

Hi all,

I'm trying to gather some information about one of the "bad" neighborhoods in
town and I have fairly limited access to natives of the area.  I don't know how
tolerant you are of off-topic threads in this group, so please feel free to
email me directly if you have any useful info.

I'm looking at a building in the Whittier neighborhood (on the corner of
Pillsbury and 27th -- between Lake of the Isles and 35W).  The real estate agent
is attempting to dissuade us from the neighborhood because it's bad (unsafe).

Essentially, my question to you is, "is it really?"  How bad is it?

According to the crime stats, it appears to be pretty unlikely that I'd be
murdered but that theft is alarmingly common.  The bit that I can't get at
online is how does it feel?  Are there large groups of malcontent youths
standing around looking for trouble?  That kind of thing.  If anyone has any
experience in the area, I'd be much obliged at a bit of an info/opinion dump.

Thanks in advance from your soon to be neighbor,

Chris

Subject:
Pick a Brick, MOA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 2004 17:24:33 GMT

Not sure if this is the correct group, but why is it that the PAB at the MOA
never seems to have anything new?  They did seem to have some of the trans
bricks for a while, but I haven't seen them in several months.  It doesn't seem
the store in general gets anything new (but that could be a different post
altogether).  Are they being sold before they hit the shelves?  Anyone have any
input?

Subject:
GMLTC to show with Santa this weekend
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 2003 07:04:36 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

The Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (www.gmltc.org) is pleased to announce
we will be displaying our LEGO train layout at the 3rd Annual "Santa's
Trainshop" event at the Minnesota Transportation Museum's Jackson Street
Roundhouse in St. Paul, MN.

Hours:
Sat 12/06 - 10:00am to 5:00pm

Admission:
$6 per person

Event Activities include:
  *Photos with Santa ($5.00/photo)
  *Caboose Rides (every half hour)
  *Pick-a-Pocket Storytime (11:30, 1:00, 2:15)
  *Model Train Layouts
  *Train Restoration Tours

For more information about this event visit:
http://www.mtmuseum.org
or
http://www.mtmuseum.org/jsr/events/santa.pdf
--
Bill Toenjes
Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club
www.gmltc.org

Re: Pictures from GATS last weekend
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp
Date:
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 09:36:04 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Gerlach wrote:
   By popular request, I’ve uploaded a few pictures I took last weekend.

sneak preview here, or you can wait until the folder is moderated.

Folder here: GATS folder...

I’ve also included a ‘ReadMe.txt’ with some more info for each of the images in the folder.

Hope you like ‘em!

JohnG, GMLTC

J1 and all,

I’ve just uploaded another 25 pictures I took the weekend of October 25 & 26 at the GMLTC’s first place finish at GATS.

J1’s post-show wrapup http://news.lugnet.com/trains/?n=21352 and ‘read me’ pretty much sums up everything.

Enjoy!

--
Bill
(TooMuchDew)

Subject:
GMLTC to show at St Paul MN GATS this weekend
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 06:21:47 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

The Greater Minnesota LEGO Train Club
will be showing this weekend at the
Great American Train Show (GATS)
http://www.greatamericantrainshow.com/maps/STP10-03/STPTInfo/STPInternet%20Copy.htm

Join us at the
RiverCentre
143 West Fourth St
St Paul, MN

Saturday & Sunday
October 25 & 26, 2003
11:00 am - 5:00 pm, both days

We hope to feature the debut of two new modules at this show and as always
guests are invited to bring along their own rolling stock to run on our layout!
--
Bill
(TooMuchDew)

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact