 Local / United States / Kentucky / *86 (-20)
Subject:
Meeting report?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ky
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 15:15:15 GMT

Hey Guys, how was the meeting this past weekend?  I wasn't able to make it
and meant to post one way or another when I found out, but forgot.

So, how was it?  What did ya guys do?

Ben Roller

Re: Saturday
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ky
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 01:44:16 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ky, K. Scott Walker, Jr. writes:
Hey guys,

Sunday at 2:00 will be fine.  If you make it here earlier, we'll be here.
We're going to go through our stuff tonight and pull out what we would like
to trade.  After hearing what Jason has to bring, I have a feeling we might
have less.  Hopefully, we have some stuff that you would want...remember,
we're only collectors for three years so we might not have as big a pile. : )

Have a safe trip and look forward to seeing you.

Scott And Lindsay

We missed you at the meeting Scott (Thomas).  Hope you are okay.  We still
had a good time, but it would have been nice if you made it.  Hopefully, you
can make the next meeting.

Re: Saturday
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ky
Date:
Sat, 6 Oct 2001 23:35:57 GMT

Hey guys,

Sunday at 2:00 will be fine.  If you make it here earlier, we'll be here.
We're going to go through our stuff tonight and pull out what we would like
to trade.  After hearing what Jason has to bring, I have a feeling we might
have less.  Hopefully, we have some stuff that you would want...remember,
we're only collectors for three years so we might not have as big a pile. : )

Have a safe trip and look forward to seeing you.

Scott And Lindsay

Re: Saturday
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ky
Date:
Sat, 6 Oct 2001 13:26:37 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ky, Scott E. Thomas writes:
In lugnet.loc.us.ky, Jason Grant writes:
<snip>
Either is fine with me, with enough notice.  I think we have to stick with
Sunday now though.  Looks like Scott (other one) won't be back until Sat
afternoon.  We do need to decide on a time though.

Agreed.  It's about a 3-4 hour drive for me, and since Lexington's in the
Eastern time zone, I'll lose an hour coming up there.  I was thinking about
leaving here at 9 A.M., so that should put me in there around 2 P.M.

How's this sounding?

Scott
Member 718

That will work for me.  I'm sure we'll get there a little before or after
since we've never gone there before.  I'm bringing all my loose Legos
(pieces that aren't any structures yet).  So that is about ten large tubs,
so we can trade.  I'm also bringing the castle and windmill.  The castle is
large (size of a card table) so there isn't any room left for the the rest
of the stuff (city, artic, pirate).  So I filmed it with a video camera and
took alot of pics.  So I guess we'll plan on being there around 2pm.  See
you there.

Re: Saturday
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ky
Date:
Sat, 6 Oct 2001 06:09:03 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ky, Jason Grant writes:
<snip>
Either is fine with me, with enough notice.  I think we have to stick with
Sunday now though.  Looks like Scott (other one) won't be back until Sat
afternoon.  We do need to decide on a time though.

Agreed.  It's about a 3-4 hour drive for me, and since Lexington's in the
Eastern time zone, I'll lose an hour coming up there.  I was thinking about
leaving here at 9 A.M., so that should put me in there around 2 P.M.

How's this sounding?

Scott
Member 718

Re: Saturday
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ky
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 21:04:17 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ky, Scott E. Thomas writes:
Hey all,

I finally found out that I have Saturday off.  Sorry about it taking so long.

So, shall we just keep this happening Sunday?

Scott
Member 718

Either is fine with me, with enough notice.  I think we have to stick with
Sunday now though.  Looks like Scott (other one) won't be back until Sat
afternoon.  We do need to decide on a time though.

Re: Saturday
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ky
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 06:19:36 GMT

Hey all,

I finally found out that I have Saturday off.  Sorry about it taking so long.

So, shall we just keep this happening Sunday?

Scott
Member 718

In lugnet.loc.us.ky, Jason Grant writes:
In lugnet.loc.us.ky, K. Scott Walker, Jr. writes:
In lugnet.loc.us.ky, Jason Grant writes:

If you all want to move the meeting to this Sunday or next Saturday, they
would both work for me.  However, next Sunday is out.

Glad to hear that you have stuff to trade Scott (Thomas).

I'm going to videotape my town so it will have more close-up shots than pics
will.  If I have room, I'll bring some of it.

I'll wait to hear from everyone to see if we have to change days.

Jason and Scott,

Since it appears that Saturday might not be good for Scott, we've decided that
we should shift the meeting to Sunday.  I hope this works for you both since
you mentioned it in the earlier messages.

Directions will be sent to you tonight. I promise.

Scott

That works for me.  I could use Saturday to some work done.

Re: Saturday
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ky
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 21:16:50 GMT

[...]

Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ky
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 19:56:17 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ky, Jason Grant writes:

If you all want to move the meeting to this Sunday or next Saturday, they
would both work for me.  However, next Sunday is out.

Glad to hear that you have stuff to trade Scott (Thomas).

I'm going to videotape my town so it will have more close-up shots than pics
will.  If I have room, I'll bring some of it.

I'll wait to hear from everyone to see if we have to change days.

Jason and Scott,

Since it appears that Saturday might not be good for Scott, we've decided that
we should shift the meeting to Sunday.  I hope this works for you both since
you mentioned it in the earlier messages.

Directions will be sent to you tonight. I promise.

Scott

Re: Saturday
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ky
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 12:13:44 GMT

If you all want to move the meeting to this Sunday or next Saturday, they
would both work for me.  However, next Sunday is out.

Glad to hear that you have stuff to trade Scott (Thomas).

I'm going to videotape my town so it will have more close-up shots than pics
will.  If I have room, I'll bring some of it.

I'll wait to hear from everyone to see if we have to change days.

Re: Saturday
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ky
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 09:01:20 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ky, Jason Grant writes:

<snip>

I plan on coming this weekend.  However, if Scott can't make it I think we
should reschedule the meeting.  I'd like to some trading so if everyone
wants to do that I'll bring most of the bricks and etc. that aren't built
into anything.

I'm going to try to bring the large castle I've built.  I think I'll have to
just video the city because it would be too hard to move and transport.

Just let me know what we are doing and times.

Hey Jason,

I forgot to post this in my previous reply, but I have several sets MISB and
pieces to trade.  I plan on bringing all that I have on hand. :)

Scott
Member 718

Re: Saturday
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ky
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 08:58:17 GMT

Hey all,

I still don't know about Saturday.  They said if we make our numbers before
Saturday, we'll have it off.  This is most likely not going to happen. :\

If you want to reschedule, I'll be available Sunday or the weekend after the
one coming up.  I'll for sure know today, and I'll post it Friday morning as
soon as I get home. :)

Scott
Member 718

In lugnet.loc.us.ky, Jason Grant writes:
In lugnet.loc.us.ky, K. Scott Walker, Jr. writes:
Hello!

I was just letting you know that we are still here and still planning on
having you guys up this weekend.  I will write directions to our place
tomorrow night.  Sorry I haven't sent them sooner but school again has kept
us busy.  Let me know if you have any other questions about the weekend.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Scott

I plan on coming this weekend.  However, if Scott can't make it I think we
should reschedule the meeting.  I'd like to some trading so if everyone
wants to do that I'll bring most of the bricks and etc. that aren't built
into anything.

I'm going to try to bring the large castle I've built.  I think I'll have to
just video the city because it would be too hard to move and transport.

Just let me know what we are doing and times.

Re: Saturday
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ky
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 00:41:10 GMT

[...]

Subject:
Saturday
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ky
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 02:29:54 GMT

Hello!

I was just letting you know that we are still here and still planning on
having you guys up this weekend.  I will write directions to our place
tomorrow night.  Sorry I haven't sent them sooner but school again has kept
us busy.  Let me know if you have any other questions about the weekend.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Scott

Re: Announcing the first KYLUG meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ky
Date:
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 11:33:42 GMT

Jason,

I'll definitely know by the 4th, but not likely any sooner than that. :/ Not
much of a notice, but hopefully we'll get caught up before that weekend.
That is, if we don't keep running out of wires.  :)

Scott
Member 718

Hey!  We're still planning on having you over as long as you can make it.
Keep us informed if plans change.  I will send directions to you later this
week on how to get to our house.

Scott

Re: Announcing the first KYLUG meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ky
Date:
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 04:59:41 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ky, Jason Grant writes:
Scott,

How soon ahead of time will you know if you can make it or not?  I think we
should change the date if you can't make it.

Jason,

I'll definitely know by the 4th, but not likely any sooner than that. :/ Not
much of a notice, but hopefully we'll get caught up before that weekend.
That is, if we don't keep running out of wires.  :)

Scott
Member 718

Re: Announcing the first KYLUG meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ky
Date:
Sun, 23 Sep 2001 22:11:33 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ky, Scott E. Thomas writes:
Hey all,

Just an update, so far I've had one Saturday off, and then I worked this
Saturday, so I still don't know if I'll have the 6th off.  But if I do, I'll
be there.  :)

Scott
Member 718

Scott,

How soon ahead of time will you know if you can make it or not?  I think we
should change the date if you can't make it.

Re: Announcing the first KYLUG meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ky
Date:
Sun, 23 Sep 2001 05:02:48 GMT

Hey all,

Just an update, so far I've had one Saturday off, and then I worked this
Saturday, so I still don't know if I'll have the 6th off.  But if I do, I'll
be there.  :)

Scott
Member 718

In lugnet.loc.us.ky, K. Scott Walker, Jr. writes:
To our Kentucky friends:

We would like to let you know that October 6 would be a good day for you to
come to our place for our first get together.  It seems that this date was a
good choice for you all. If not, we can reschedule.

As far as an agenda, we'll keep things loose.  I've seen an interest in
trading parts and that's perfectly fine with us. I'm sure we'll jump in on
the trading action ourselves.

Bring some of your favorite creations if you would like to.  Obviously,
Lindsay and I have some creation and sets to keep you interested for a bit.
Plus, we're open to suggestions.

Let us know if you have any other ideas of what you would like to do.

Please feel free to e-mail me for directions and confirmation that you will
be able to come.

Lindsay and I look forward to hearing from you soon!!

Subject:
Ivy Tech State College Evansville - Competition II
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.in.eva, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.ky, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.robotics.events
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 15:00:56 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Ivy Tech State College - Southwest (located in Evansville, Indiana) is once
again hosting a Lego Robotics Challenge for area high school and middle
school students.  The challenge will be held November 9, 2001 at the main
campus building.  For information on this event or to register a team, visit:

http://faculty.ivy.tec.in.us/~scombs/robotics/competition.html

Steven B. Combs, MS, CIT
Associate Professor / Instructional Technologist
Ivy Tech State College - Southwest
    A Community College of Indiana Partner
3501 First Avenue
Evansville, Indiana 47710
(812) 429-1476
http://faculty.ivy.tec.in.us/~scombs

Re: Announcing the first KYLUG meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ky
Date:
Sat, 8 Sep 2001 13:56:33 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ky, K. Scott Walker, Jr. writes:
Scott (Walker),

Did my e-mail go through to you the other day?

Jason

Hey Jason,

I did get your e-mail.  Sorry I didn't reply directly.  I will send it to
you shortly. Thanks for being patient!

Scott (Walker)

Scott,

I got your e-mail.  I really like the Lego ballfield you sent a pic of.
That is a really cool idea and looks sharp.

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact