 Local / Portugal / 254
Re: BLdb version 0.1 Previews announcement
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.pt, lugnet.cad, lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.storage, lugnet.db.inv
Date:
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 19:40:51 GMT

In lugnet.loc.pt, Stephen Fisher writes:
This is an awesome idea!
Thank you

In fact, I've begun the very same project a couple
times, but never run it to completion.

One feature that I wanted the most in my version, and would very much like
to see in your version is integration with BrickLink.
Ideally, you would be able to do the following:
* Calculate the rough value of a person's collection by using pricing
information from BrickLink (say fair/average market value).
* Click on a set and determine if you have all the pieces. If you don't you
could click a link to BrickLink which would allow you to purchase the parts
as necessary.
Obviously there is a lot of opportunity here for shopping features:
* find a store that can fulfill your entire parts shopping list, so you
don't have to shop multiple stores.

the BLdb works offline, but you have good ideas, perhaps in the version 2 (i
hope finish v.1 in April)

Also, integration with CAD applications - specifically LDraw and MLCAD
* Allow importing/reading of dat files which will add the MOC/set to the
BLdb file and automically list the parts used. It would be pretty nice to
have check marks next to the parts when your collection has all the parts to
build it also.

the only thing that BLdb do for now is import the MLCad files created on
menu Extras>Reports>Pieces
but i think in import direct from dat/ldr files.

Does your application allow you to mark a part as used? It might be
interesting to track "unused" parts, versus ALL parts in your collection.
In a similar vein to the "storage location" suggestion, it would be nice to
know if the part is used in a MOC, unused opened, or still in the sealed box.

in the beginnig i has thinking in that. i abandoned the idea because i'll
never use this, perhaps i'll reconsidered...

Can you further explain what you mean by database for MOC data?

???

Have you contacted the respective web hosters to find out if they mind your
tool banging on their servers. Presumably it's not too much bandwidth, but
they might not want unofficial tools running against it (hope I don't rain
on your parade!).

my english is very bad and in the BLdb post i ask for a friend help, perhaps
the translation not said what i think. the BLdb works offline, maybe one day
(the bricklink idea) will works online...

Looking forward to using it!

-Stephen

thanks
lbaixinho