 Announcements / 1540
1539  |  1541
Subject:
BLdb version 0.1 Previews announcement
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.pt
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 12:50:38 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

BLdb version 0.1 announcement
An application to register and manage your LEGO collection data (parts,
sets and
MOCs)

After several attempts to design a database that could help manage my LEGO
sets' collection and another one to manage my parts' collection, with
Microsoft Access, I understood it might be a better idea to join both
applications in a single, larger one.

What I intended was that such program updated both the parts' and sets'
collections every time I bought a new set.
Then adding this the possibility to download Peeron's Set Inventories, import
my own inventories from Parts Catalog (by Bob Kojima), and also the
possibility to import parts from a Ldraw/MLCAD file, as well as from
Lugnet's and Peeron's sets/parts databases.

After a while behind the keyboard, I already have a program that works to
some of the components I wish; missing still is the MOC part and the
shopping one.

Screenshots are available at:

As you can see, besides the first window where every utility is, there is
a second one for the parts collection where we can make several searches
(includes filters). On the right chart we insert colours and quantities
available from the selected part (this is updatable with every purchase)
Below are the sets/MOCs in which the selected part is (being) used. This
is useful when I need one particular part, and I dunno in which MOC it is
being used.

In the set collection window we have the options "Sort", "Search" and
"Filter". Also depicted is the parts list for that set, comparing the
proportion of every part in the totals you own - this way you know if you
can build a given set even if you don't own the original (when this
happens, the checkbox below is checked).

Of course this work is not yet complete; I expect to launch a beta version
for evaluation next week, and have a complete version around April
(assuming everything runs smoothly!).

This is what I would like to hear:

- Comments to the preview;
- Ideas;
- And someone that can provide space on-line to host the program, so that
anyone can download it (around 5 Mb). If download numbers could be
tracked, it would be just perfect (for statistical purposes)

Thanks go to the owners/administrators from Peeron, Lugnet, Parts Catalog,
Ldraw, MLCAD and LDaddon, whose resources enable this program!

Thanks,
Luís Baixinho