 Local / Suomi/Finland / * (-5)
Subject:
Lego sale at Stockmann
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.fi
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 2004 17:52:19 GMT

There is a special Lego sale in Stockmann warehouses in at least Helsinki area.
You get 1 liter of lego for 4,90 euros, and you get to choose the parts you want
yourself! There are mostly special parts available (not too special luckily),
but I spotted a few standard bricks and plates too. Colors are mostly new
colors, like orange, dark-orange, lime, dark-blue, medium blue and sand- colors.

ps. I just picked up 150 pieces of brown 1 x 4 x 5 doors with 4 panes ;-)

-Toni

Re: LEGO vann över Biltema i Norge ang. Coko.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.no, lugnet.loc.fi
Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 19:53:06 GMT

In lugnet.loc.se, Thomas Waadeland wrote:
In lugnet.loc.se, Tobbe Arnesson wrote:

To quote "Starship Troopers" with a twist;

"The only good clone, is a dead clone!"

Probably yes!
But I wouldn't mind if the result was cheaper LEGO. :-)

If you by cheaper mean less expensive and not cheaper, yes!

For those of you who don't know what this is about:
http://www.biltema.no/ still sell it.
Goto "HJEM - Lek/hobby - Byggeklosser".
I have always thought that the Coco stuff looks awful,
especially the minifigs.

I've been somewhat curios and figured I should get one of the smaller sets just
to see how it is but never got around too. Think I'll keep it that way.

Good luck with your SweLUG#5!

Thanks! It was a blast! We broke all previous Swedish records, number of
participants (13, +3 kids), number of brought models (64), you name it - we
broke it!

I have gathered all the 925 photos (492MB - yep another record) from the four
digital cameras that where running during the event, expect about a hundred or
so in a complete write-up within the next week or so (video might take longer).

Regards,
/Tobbe

Re: LEGO vann över Biltema i Norge ang. Coko.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.no, lugnet.loc.fi
Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 18:03:42 GMT

In lugnet.loc.se, Tobbe Arnesson wrote:

To quote "Starship Troopers" with a twist;

"The only good clone, is a dead clone!"

Probably yes!
But I wouldn't mind if the result was cheaper LEGO. :-)

For those of you who don't know what this is about:
http://www.biltema.no/ still sell it.
Goto "HJEM - Lek/hobby - Byggeklosser".
I have always thought that the Coco stuff looks awful,
especially the minifigs.

Good luck with your SweLUG#5!

Thomas

Re: LEGO vann över Biltema i Norge ang. Coko.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.no, lugnet.loc.fi
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 19:55:40 GMT

One can but wonder if those moulds really were destroyed or if the company
owner
just gave them to his nephew to continue the production. Maybe they already
had
produced so many pieces they felt the need to sell the sets to some less
knowing
company. No wonder Biltema came along. Since Sweden is so far from Denmark
I presume they thought it safe to sell the sets here in Scandinavia. Silly
sods. :)

At the time of the legal actions in China, Biltema was already selling Coko.
IIRC they discontinued that when LEGO pressed charges?

All give praise to the real Brick! ;)

To quote "Starship Troopers" with a twist;

"The only good clone, is a dead clone!"

Hmmm. Perhaps it's time to do a combustion stress test of that clone house I
have at SweLUG#5?

Regards,
/Tobbe

Subject:
Coko Brand (Was: LEGO vann över Biltema...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.no, lugnet.loc.fi, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 19:41:58 GMT

In lugnet.loc.se, Tobbe Arnesson wrote:
LEGO Company has taken similar legal action against the Biltema divisions in
Denmark, Sweden and Finland. • Eric Hampusgård wrote:

Great! I've seen the "copies", they look awful. The colours bleak and looks
sick and
the individual fit of the pieces seems to be far out. If I tried to lift one
of the models
I am sure it would totally collapse.

No, they won't. I find Coko to be one of the best clone brands. They snap
together very well. There were just two things that made me disppointed.
1. The minifigs are a disaster; no friction at the hips make them fall forward!
2. Their "military green" coclour is as good as black, far from what is
displayed on the boxes. You have to use very strong light to see that it isn't
black.

Tobbe Arnesson wrote:
In December last year LEGO Company won a lawsuit at The Beijing High People's
Court against the Chinese producer of the Coko products. The court stated that
Coko had to hand over the moulds to the court for destruction. The company also
had to publish an official apology in a national newspaper and pay compensation
to LEGO Company. " • Eric Hampusgård wrote:

One can but wonder if those moulds really were destroyed or if the company
owner
just gave them to his nephew to continue the production. Maybe they already
had
produced so many pieces they felt the need to sell the sets to some less
knowing
company. No wonder Biltema came along. Since Sweden is so far from Denmark
I presume they thought it safe to sell the sets here in Scandinavia. Silly
sods. :)

All give praise to the real Brick! ;)

// Anton

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact