 Local / Canada / British Columbia / 14
Re: Re Shop at home...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.bc
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 17:52:48 GMT

As a slight aside, has anyone placed a big order from BC or Alberta from
S@H?  I was set to order a Palm V from chapters.ca, but when I looked at the
total, they added in PST.  I called and didn't get much of an answer from
the rep.

Ya, you should not get hit with the PST if it is being shipped out of province.
(except if in Atlantic Canada...)

If it is being shipped from Ontario to BC, then the only tax payable is the GST
.  You are responsible for paying the BC sales tax yourself, not the company
charging you for it (again, provided you are getting it from out of province).

James Powell