 Local / Canada / 266
Re: Re Shop at home...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.bc
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 11:01:32 GMT

Tony Jang wrote in message ...
Bryan Wong <green_paper@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:FMtFLn.71w@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.loc.ca, Tony Jang writes:
As a slight aside, has anyone placed a big order from BC or Alberta from
S@H?  I was set to order a Palm V from chapters.ca, but when I looked at • the
total, they added in PST.  I called and didn't get much of an answer • from
the rep.

My  theory if anyone wants to hear it is that Chpaters would be required to
collect PST on any items because the store maintains a physical presence ( I
assume there must be a store somewhere) In BC. Shop at Home only maintains a
physical presence in Ontario so therfore PST. You should all move to
Atlantic Canada where its 15% GST on everything. WOO HOO (yeah right).
Because the prov portion is blended in all companies selling hear are
reequired to charge it as a federal rate.

John Battcock