 Local / Canada / 261
Re: Re Shop at home...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 04:54:06 GMT

John Battcock wrote in message ...
For those of you who haven't come across a 2000 catalogue. I guess I can
confirm some stuff. The S@H insert has one price in US$ and one phone • number
in the US I assume. Lego Direct will apparently look after the GST/HST for
us.

I do not have information about S@H Canada closing, but it sounds like it
could have some good and bad results.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that on the mini-catalog for this year seen
here-->
http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/catalogs/2000/d00am-125dpi/d00am-08.html
that the printing for Lego Direct does not mean the Lego Direct that we are
all thinking of.

Lego Direct as printed on these little mini catalogs -->see 1999 version
here-->
http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/catalogs/1999/d99am-75dpi/d99am-01.html
is ONLY a different name for Shop At Home.

Check some of your old shipping boxes from them.  The address will be LDM
with either a Connecticut, USA address or LDM, Markham, ON.  LDM is short
for Lego Direct Marketing--just a different name for S@H used for the in-set
catalogs.

This is not new.  I first noticed this difference in naming in 1997 seen
here-->
http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/catalogs/1997/d97na/d97na-01.html

Just thought that we should all be aware of this before a huge discussion
begins.....

happy building
Kevin Salm