 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2622
  Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth

(...) Dear Brad - please remember that since you are re-releasing relatively recent sets, the response may not be as vigorous as if you had released older sets. I hope that a lukewarm response to this round of releases won't stand in the way of (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth

(...) I totally understand what you're saying, and yet - look at the response so far! "It's not exactly what I want, but I'll still probably buy acouple of sets" seems to be the general consensus. So if *this* is profitable for TLC (and I think it (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth

(...) Oh yes. This castle-pirate-and-space fan is thinking that the technic sets that he missed getting on their initial release look pretty tempting. :^) (...) My thought is simply that the people likely to buy these sets are the families who don't (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth

(...) See? My point exactly. ;-) (...) Yes, true. But AFOLs would probably still buy multiple copies of the sets offered, maybe even if they already had one or two. (...) Oh, totally! Sets like 6086, 6081, 6074, even 6080... especially if sold (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth

(...) I wonder if they chose large sets because the profit margin works better for a small number of expensive sets. However, if "set size" really is an issue, they could bundle together a few sets like sets 6041 (armour shop), 6040 (weaponsmith), (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth

(...) It sure is. ;-) And I swear someday I'll be castle complete - with or without TLC's help. ;-) -Shiri (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: the whole truth and nothing but the truth

(...) That kind of DOES beg the question, to all you completists out there (and I know, I know, complete is by definition what it means to *you*). Suppose you are a Pirate completist... (the three pirate sets have new numbers) If you already have (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)