 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2145
Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 01:56:35 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Scott Sanburn writes:

Well, sarcasm aside, there is a marketing ploy there, and a
lot of companies do it (Mattel, etc.) I don't like the
packaging any better, but I think there are more important
issues to take care of first. There are a lot of issues that
I think TLC can do, but without some actual evidence or
numbers or something, we will never really know. I just hope
they can make some money here, and not go under.

We are a critical bunch sometimes.
I brought up the 'air' content, since MB boxes are reasonably 'air free',
and the comparison between the two was happening. My partner bought our
niece a Belville set and seriously questioned the value.

TLC going under would be a disaster and our worst nightmare.
I guess they don't really have a mechanism for answering our bleating to the
wind.
TLC has a system set up for replying to kids 'dear Santa' correspondence,
but doesn't know how to respond to us as adults (as opposed to parents).

pete.w (AFOL and parent)