 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2080
Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 3 Mar 2001 06:16:46 GMT

"Mike Petrucelli" <lordinsanity@usa.net> wrote in message
In lugnet.lego.direct, Tim Courtney writes:
"Mike Petrucelli" <lordinsanity@usa.net> wrote in message
I find it very hard to belive no one had anything to comment on about this.
Then I relized it was only posted to lugnet.general.

http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=28214

I certainly found my results intereting.

-Mike Petrucelli

As did a lot of us.

I really really really would like to seriously look into doing a survey (as
scientific as possible) of people who purchase LEGO in toy stores as to what
they want in the product, asking them open-ended questions about the product
line after presenting the facts (unbiased) of the change in the product line.
Ideas?

-Tim

I think a third party survey would be very good for TLC to conduct.  Of course
they would have to conduct a very serious survey and accept the results for it
to mean anything.  Maybe that Enigmatic "we lost money and will revert to our
core line" post indicates that TLC has already come to the same conclusion.
Well one can always hope.

I'm not so sure I'd be that optimistic, really.  From what I've learned about
the company, its hard to effect policy which is decided in Billund.  The company
is very large, its used to doing things a certain way, etc.  I am however
encouraged by LEGO Direct and their initiative to work with the AFOL community
online.  I would hope we could count on their support or feedback to find out
what we can do about a survey of sorts.  Or perhaps not, but there could be
other ways LEGO Direct can represent the (well formed) opinions of the AFOL
community to the rest of the company.

But, nothing stops us from conducting that survey ourselves and publishing the
proceedure and the results.

-Mike Petrucelli (still wishing a 1200 piece tub came in earth tone colors)

Ohh man, that would be SWEET! :-)

-Tim (still hoping for a giant Classic Space minifig through LEGO Direct)