 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2094
Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 23:46:17 GMT

Tim Courtney wrote in message ...
In lugnet.lego.direct, Rose Regner writes:

Tim Courtney wrote in message ...
I'm saddened that a lot of AFOLs have become disenchanted with the • company
and
some to the point of being very cynical and abusive of them.

I guess that this comment is directed to my statement about Lego
disappointing me. I didn't really mean to be so cynical, I was just trying
to be realistic. The town role theme really appeals to 4-7 year olds and
Lego has demonstrated that they want to offer junior sets to this target
age. So I doubt I will ever get the town sets I want to see. Maybe they • will
surprise me, but it is easier to not expect something and be surprised
than hope for something which will most likely never happen.

Well, yes, your  comments and those of Richard.  Thankfully, I only see
Richard's posts on the web, and not my newsreader. ;-)

Fine, I'll just stop posting on LUGNET.

I'm very disappointed at LEGO's marketing plans, but I'm encouraged by • areas
like Direct.  I don't think its beneficial to any of us to slam LEGO, but
that could be more on an individual level.  People like Richard will not be
given weight by certain people in LEGO because of the offensive nature of
his comments.  They welcome honest comments (they've told me), but getting
personal at the employees and at other LUGNET members who differ in opinion
is a good way not to be taken seriously.

I think you just did this by the above statement.  Thanks for your input.

Rose