 LEGO Company / 3697
Re: The Future of Trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2007 17:25:01 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Well I posted this announcement at the http://save.9vtrains.com site...

Personally, I have to say that I have doubts that any battery powered system
will meet the needs of clubs doing shows.  Even a robust, rechargable battery
system has considerable limitations.

Minimally a battery powered system would have to pull a 6 wide consist of 10-12
cars for at least an hour to even be considered viable for a show.  And that
doesn't even address 8 wide (We have run both on our layouts).

Then their is cost, ease and speed of recharging, how they are controlled
(Please not IR...), etc.

Finally, I guess this means a change of direction for the whole 9vtrains.com
domain.  "Save" doesn't really seem to fit anymore does it?  I want to find
another way to support the community, if anyone has in idea on how I can
transform what has been built in terms of functionality for save 9vtrains into
something that has value for the community please let me know.

-Eric