 LEGO Company / 2390
    Re: Lego changes CEO after new losses Jake McKee
   (...) Yeah, he's a sharp cat. As I understand, Kjeld is stepping down as planned (he came back into the daily operations fold to help get things back on track). Now that the Action Plan is in place and seems to be working, he's turning over daily (...) (20 years ago, 21-Oct-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: Lego changes CEO after new losses —Ted Michon
     (...) I hope you're right, but the two top guys in TLC now have a combined 5 years experience with the company and it's all on the financial side. Spinning off the parks, or selling them outright, sounds ominous. It suggests a level of distress (...) (20 years ago, 21-Oct-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

         Re: Lego changes CEO after new losses —Mathew Clayson
      (...) Interesting that you mention this, I was concidering an Ambasador Pass for myself this year, but now I'm not so sure it's worth it. I remember when Marine World was sold to Six Flags. It lost most it's charm and became a Magic Mtn clone. Mat (20 years ago, 21-Oct-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

         Re: Lego changes CEO after new losses —Mark Papenfuss
      (...) IMHO selling the LL parks to an outside company is just beyond stupid. I mean HELLO - this is LEGOland. This is not some generic theme park where it does not really matter who is running it - I don't want to see LLCA run by some random (...) (20 years ago, 21-Oct-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.legoland, FTX)

          Re: Lego changes CEO after new losses —Rose Regner
      (...) I have some strong negative feelings about Legoland CA. I drove my kids (15 hours) specifically to visit Legoland (CA) and we were all looking forward to the experience. I have visited numerous parks in my 42 years and I must say Legoland was (...) (20 years ago, 21-Oct-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.legoland, FTX)

          Re: Lego changes CEO after new losses —Erik Olson
      Maybe they'll sell it to Disney. They would fix it. (20 years ago, 21-Oct-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.legoland, FTX)

          Re: Lego changes CEO after new losses —Steve Tanner
      (...) Um, have you seen some of the Disney theme parks as of late? This would be a poor idea. Outsourcing parks like Legoland isn’t a bad idea, if you pick the right company to run them. Six Flags = Bad. However, all of Disney’s Tokyo parks are (...) (20 years ago, 22-Oct-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.legoland, FTX)

         Re: Lego changes CEO after new losses —Jeff Findley
     (...) I think they'd have better spent the money on LEGO stores throughought the US. I think stores where you can "pick a brick" would do much to increase sales. More widespread "pick a brick" sales could be part of an overall strategy to make TLC (...) (20 years ago, 22-Oct-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

         Re: Lego changes CEO after new losses —J. Spencer Rezkalla
      (...) I don't know. It would nice to have one closer to Detroit, but there's also the overhead of operating a bunch of physical stores. What are people's impressions as to the success of these new stores? I do think that PAB is a nice low investment (...) (20 years ago, 22-Oct-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

         Re: Lego changes CEO after new losses —Ted Michon
     (...) I've spent a lot of time at Pick-A-Bricks (LLCA, DDT Anaheim, Glendale Galleria) and my observations suggest they are great for us, but not the average customer. My eperiences is that the average visitor says "wow" when they see all the items, (...) (20 years ago, 22-Oct-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

         Re: Lego changes CEO after new losses —Brian P. Gefrich
     (...) Although that may be your observations, in the time that I have been with LEGO Brand Retail, PaB cups have been top sellers in many stores nearly every week. I know that at Tyson's Corner, there are some bins that we are always refilling. (...) (20 years ago, 22-Oct-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: Lego changes CEO after new losses —Brian P. Gefrich
   (...) Jake, Looking at the organizational chart, wouldn't "stepping up" be a more appropriate term, as he is leaving the CEO position but remaining Deputy Chairman? -Brian (20 years ago, 21-Oct-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)