 Instructions / *776 (-20)
Re: Starfighter instructions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst
Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 2010 02:38:22 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Jim DeVona wrote:

   Ah, Lugnet. Looks like I borked the image links. Let’s try that again.

You may have borked the link, but your render is simply stunning. Well done, and thanks for posting!

Did you use Bricksmith to create it?

JOHN

Re: Starfighter instructions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst
Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 2010 00:25:24 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.cad, Jim DeVona wrote:
   Thought some of you might appreciate the instructions I posted for a simple little starfighter model I built from two sets, the new Space Police “Raid VPR” and the Star Wars “Separatist’s Shuttle”.

Ah, Lugnet. Looks like I borked the image links. Let’s try that again.

Here’s the model, including links to the instruction images:

And here’s the first page of the instructions themselves:

Subject:
Starfighter instructions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst
Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 2010 00:18:53 GMT

Thought some of you might appreciate the instructions I posted for a simple little starfighter model I built from two sets, the new Space Police “Raid VPR” and the Star Wars “Separatist’s Shuttle”.

Here’s the model, including links to the instruction images:

And here’s the first page of the instructions themselves:

Hope you enjoy.

Jim

Subject:
MoonBase Corridor System
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.space, lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst
Date:
Fri, 3 Apr 2009 20:39:46 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hello,

it’s been quite a while since my last post. I’ve been busy...

Find details here.
More pics are already on brickshelf.

PLMKWYT
Marco

Subject:
Asked for help with Idea Book
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inst
Date:
Sun, 22 Mar 2009 10:59:13 GMT

Hi there,

I've purchased an Idea Book, but am pretty sure the front and back is missing,
becuase I cant'find any number or year of publication on it.

These are first and last pages:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36595900@N07/3374642217/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36595900@N07/3375458990/in/photostream/

Who can help me out and tell me from which Idea Book these pages are?

Any help is highly appreciated!

Best regards,

Daan Bargerbos

Re: Printing LPub instructions with Lulu.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, lugnet.inst, lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 2009 01:47:16 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Dave Schuler wrote:

   One question, though, because either my monitor or my eyes lack the resolution to tell for sure: is the booklet staple-bound like “real” instructions? That is, is it a bunch of sheets folded in half together and stapled on the crease? If so, that’s ideal.

Yes, the binding is stapled. Lulu offers a few differing binding options (stapled, plastic coil, paperback-like “perfect” binding, etc.), but stapled is the only option available for a minimal number of pages (22, in this case). I was worried that it would be too rigid, but it easily lies open to any page. The front and back covers are a heavier weight paper.

Jim

Re: Printing LPub instructions with Lulu.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, lugnet.inst, lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 2009 01:27:48 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Jim DeVona wrote:
   Hi!

I recently used Lulu.com to publish LPub instructions for a model I created a few months ago. I have determined that I need to use higher resolution rendering settings and possibly avoid gradient backgrounds for optimal results with this printing solution, but in general I am extremely pleased with the results.

It makes me giddy to hold a glossy printed booklet of instructions for my own model. Other photos of the booklet may be seen here.

Very cool--I love it! To be honest, it would never have occurred to me to use Lulu; I got as far as “I should try Kinkos,” and that’s where I sort of stalled.

I have to say that the end results look amazingly professional and high-quality. Color me envious!

One question, though, because either my monitor or my eyes lack the resolution to tell for sure: is the booklet staple-bound like “real” instructions? That is, is it a bunch of sheets folded in half together and stapled on the crease? If so, that’s ideal.

Again, very cool. Thanks for sharing, and thanks for making it absolutely imperative that I try to achieve something similar!

Dave!

Subject:
Printing LPub instructions with Lulu.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, lugnet.inst, lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 2009 00:36:05 GMT

Hi!

I recently used Lulu.com to publish LPub instructions for a model I created a few months ago. I have determined that I need to use higher resolution rendering settings and possibly avoid gradient backgrounds for optimal results with this printing solution, but in general I am extremely pleased with the results.

It makes me giddy to hold a glossy printed booklet of instructions for my own model. Other photos of the booklet may be seen here.

Jim

Subject:
Full buildinginstructions for birds by MisaQa
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inst
Date:
Thu, 12 Mar 2009 08:19:49 GMT

Hi all,

A few years ago I found some cute models of birds by MisaQa on Brickshelf.
If kind of "fell in love" with them and started creating LDraw files for some of
them. I am now creating full building instructions  and will be putting them on
my website. Right now there are 5 swans and 1 ostrich on it and the rest will
follow in the upcomming weeks. The page is in Dutch. However I think it is
readable and understandable for non-Dutch speakers.
It features downloads for LDraw files, PDF instruction sheets and renders.

Here's the link: http://www.binarybricks.nl/voorbeelden/misaqabirds/

Enjoy!

Jaco

Re: FS: Instruction books from 1979-2004
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.inst
Date:
Mon, 29 Dec 2008 15:56:38 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Bram Lambrecht wrote:
I'm helping my parents clear out the attic. I've got most of my old instructions
for the sets here, excluding anything after 2004:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/mlist.cgi?m=262

Some are missing, torn, or folded, but in general they're in good shape.
Total weight is about 37.5 lbs, so shipping will be about $40. Email me your
best offer!

No partial sales...it's all or nothing.

Sold, thanks!

FS: Instruction books from 1979-2004
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.inst
Date:
Sat, 27 Dec 2008 18:52:31 GMT

I'm helping my parents clear out the attic. I've got most of my old instructions
for the sets here, excluding anything after 2004:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/mlist.cgi?m=262

Some are missing, torn, or folded, but in general they're in good shape.
Total weight is about 37.5 lbs, so shipping will be about $40. Email me your
best offer!

No partial sales...it's all or nothing.

Subject:
Seasonal Community Spirit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.inst, lugnet.people, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.cad, lugnet.western
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 2008 23:35:22 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Maybe the time of year has something to do with it, but I must confess to have been moved by the generosity of a few talented builders lately. Seperately, we’ve seen Eric Sophie, Tim Gould and Mark Neumann sharing not only their MOCs, but also instructions to their MOCs with the community.

Over the years, we’ve seen all sorts of claims, conflict and general angst about intellectual property in MOCs, using other people’s ideas, failing to credit other people and so on, but in the last month we’ve had three people I regard as great builders openly sharing their work. Not selling it, not offering its use on some limited basis, not requiring credit: just sharing, and encouraging people to build.

So, kudos to Eric, Tim and Mark for their actions, and wishing everyone the best for the season.

Richie Dulin
CO Legeaux

Please consider your FUT if replying.

Re: Little Blue Thing - Building Instructions!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inst, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 2008 19:36:31 GMT

In lugnet.inst, Marco Tagliaferri wrote:
   In lugnet.announce.moc, Eric Sophie wrote:

Hello Eric,

   Easy to build give it a try!
You are right, it is easy. I had it already built, when the instructions got
moderated. But the instructions showed me where I failed in copying. They are
really well done.

I figured you may need to see the connections in the chest, but everything looked fine when I first saw your initial post. I was so excited!

   I’m missing the helmet and the visor so I made up my own head...

I still have to look up what colors the helmuts came in. I have a black one I may use for a L/BLK/T. (lol, sorry the name is not very imaginative)

ha ha, the alternate head design is so cute, lol!

   The two pics are both not very good. Had to use flash light as it gets night
before 5 pm now.

Same here in the Eastern part of the USA, The photos for the instructions were started during the day.

I will take better ones soon. When I have some good pictures I’ll send you one for the gallery.

That looks great in red! Ahh I see you made use of the 1x4 Technic Brick in the back to mount a small rocket pack? Or maybe some L-plates?

I like your choice of slopes, they give the LRT a more polished look than the classic ones I used. Very well done!

   It really was fun!

Thank you!

   Thank you
Marco

You are quite welcome, a small project like this was fun to share.

Eric Sophie
Legomaster
Biomechanical Bricks

Re: Little Blue Thing - Building Instructions!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inst, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 2008 19:13:15 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Eric Sophie wrote:

Hello Eric,

   Easy to build give it a try!
You are right, it is easy. I had it already built, when the instructions got
moderated. But the instructions showed me where I failed in copying. They are
really well done.

I’m missing the helmet and the visor so I made up my own head...

The two pics are both not very good. Had to use flash light as it gets night
before 5 pm now.

I will take better ones soon. When I have some good pictures I’ll send you one for the gallery.

It really was fun!

Thank you
Marco

Subject:
Little Blue Thing - Building Instructions!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.inst, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 2008 06:26:56 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

The Litttle Blue Thing - Building Instructions
Make your own and send a picture to mylegomaster at aol dot com and I will add your version to the LBT-by-YOU gallery.

Easy to build give it a try!

If any one from the CAD community would like to render these instructions, that would be great! Drop me a line!

Eric Sophie
Legomaster
Biomechanical Bricks

Legomaster on Brickshelf

Subject:
Full instructions for Fiat 126
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inst
Date:
Mon, 10 Nov 2008 22:08:00 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Full instructions are online on Brickshelf:
PDF is split in 3 parts because of size.
Original model by Shaggie:
Model modified by me in MLCad rendered with LDLite in LPub 4.0.0.0.
Deeplinks:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sjaacko/Instructions/fiat126-1.pdf
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sjaacko/Instructions/fiat126-2.pdf
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sjaacko/Instructions/fiat126-3.pdf
Download MPD:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sjaacko/Instructions/fiat126.mpd
Some unofficial parts needed.

Subject:
Instruction Cross-reference table updated
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inst
Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 2008 22:46:56 GMT

Another update to my LEGO instructions cross-reference, find them here. Highlights include:

Factory: Custom Car Garage
Star Wars: Death Star
Power Functions: Wind Generator

Oh, and Taj Mahal

And a few other goodies ;)

Added: 15
Updated: 36
Deleted: 0

Thanks for corrections to:
  • Peeron.com

Subject:
RAILBRICKS Instructions submissions now open
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.publish.railbricks, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.inst
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 2008 12:54:37 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

RAILBRICKS is now accepting instructions submissions for inclusion on the RAILBRICKS website.

We hope to eventually provide the largest repository of train related LEGO build instructions available for free on the web. Each submission will be evaluated for clarity and buildability, then judged on its merit. Those submissions that earn the RAILBRICKS seal of approval will be posted on the website. We will also provide a forum for you the user to comment on and discuss each model on several dimensions: difficulty, buildability, rare parts, and overall “wow”.

Submission of instructions does not guarantee inclusion on the site. Priority will be given to complete instructions in .pdf and .html format. LDraw files may be accepted at our discretion, but they generally will not be converted to instructions and LDraw files will be given a lower priority on the site. We cannot accept files in any other format.

You may also link to your brickshelf or other gallery of instruction images. We will convert these into .pdf files for inclusion on RAILBRICKS.

The categories include:

Diesel locomotives
Steam locomotives
Passenger cars
Freight cars
Maintenance of Way (MOW)
Trackside (Structures, signals, etc.)
Components (e.g., a door, window, wheel truck, etc. design)

To submit a set of instructions, simply log into your RAILBRICKS account. If you do not have an account, click on the home page and register a new account. Once logged in, browse to the Build Instructions Section of the website and click the submit button.

As well as the instructions from recent issues of RAILBRICKS magazine, we’ve recently added some instructions created by Didier Enjary of models from various builders, including Tim Gould, Alban Nanty, Philippe Label, and Pascal Breard.

-Jeramy Spurgeon

Re: New instructions at lego.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inst, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 24 May 2007 15:29:10 GMT

In lugnet.inst, C. L. GunningCook wrote:
In lugnet.inst, Thomas Main wrote:

What does the illustration on page 3 mean?

http://assets.lego.com/bigdownloads/buildinginstructions/4511982.pdf

Don't build this set in the grass?  It looks weird to me...

Be it carpet, grass, or a bad haircut on a big headed friend... I find this pic
so laughable and insulting to the target audience. My own kids rolled their eyes
at this one and called "lame".

The pic that shows kids not to dump out all the packages of bricks at once is
also just as lame.

I have a suspicion that this might be to make up for the appalling colouring of
the instructions. It's easier to match dark bleys and blacks to the instructions
if they're in piles.

--snip--

Janey "I refuse to colour within the lines, Red Brick"

Steps down from soap box before I go into my "girl" set rant as well.

Tim

Re: New instructions at lego.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inst, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 24 May 2007 15:22:01 GMT

In lugnet.inst, Thomas Main wrote:

What does the illustration on page 3 mean?

http://assets.lego.com/bigdownloads/buildinginstructions/4511982.pdf

Don't build this set in the grass?  It looks weird to me...

Be it carpet, grass, or a bad haircut on a big headed friend... I find this pic
so laughable and insulting to the target audience. My own kids rolled their eyes
at this one and called "lame".

The pic that shows kids not to dump out all the packages of bricks at once is
also just as lame.

I truly believe from my long time experience dealing with many children, that
they can manage to build successfully without "advice" like this.  Seems fairly
backwards to lose things like the old axle length diagram which actually made
sense and start colour coding things (pins, axles, gears) to make it clearer
while adding pointless pics like this.

Frankly, not only Lego, but so many companies have gone too far on "advice" or
"rules" for the product they sell.

This speaks to a larger problem of society, like warnings on coffee cups that
say "hot", or warning on baby seats that say "do not place child in seat on or
IN washer or dryer"... serious???? What do you think the Rice Krispies are made
of?  Corn?  I think we have let the pendulum swing way too far... we are filling
too much space with irrelevant and worthless "warnings" that quickly desensitize
us from the true hazards in life.

Three cheers for "The Process of Natural Selection"!!!

If you have to tell kids where to build with their toys, maybe there should be a
whole page of pics showing them to eat a full breakfast before trying to do such
a "complicated" task such as building, or making sure they look both ways before
crossing the street after buying said set before taking it home to build. Why
dont you just tell the kids that this set is only for a CLAB (Certified Lego
Approved Builder) to put together while kids watch???

Seriously? Where do you draw the line???

Come on Lego, lets raise some expectations and have some faith in the next
generation. For those of you that are convinced that kids are too lazy, too
placated, or too numb to learn, you need to remember if you treat a child as a
moron, he will fail.  If you treat them with intelligence and have expectations
for success he will more often than not act accordingly and rise to the
challenge.

This little rant was brought to you today by the letters C L U and E, and the
number 1, backed by the educational advocate that resides deep inside of me.

Im tired of the self-centred mentality of ridged adults that believe children
have no clue, skills, drive or suffer from a lack of an attention span.  It is
just an unfair assessment of them, and gives no credit to the things they all
can to better than we could at their age.  Do they fail in some areas,
absolutely, but society is measuring them with an outdated and nostalgic metre
(yard) stick that does not apply to today's world.

Janey "I refuse to colour within the lines, Red Brick"

Steps down from soap box before I go into my "girl" set rant as well.

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact