 Instructions / 758
Re: New instructions at lego.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inst, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 24 May 2007 15:29:10 GMT

In lugnet.inst, C. L. GunningCook wrote:
In lugnet.inst, Thomas Main wrote:

What does the illustration on page 3 mean?

http://assets.lego.com/bigdownloads/buildinginstructions/4511982.pdf

Don't build this set in the grass?  It looks weird to me...

Be it carpet, grass, or a bad haircut on a big headed friend... I find this pic
so laughable and insulting to the target audience. My own kids rolled their eyes
at this one and called "lame".

The pic that shows kids not to dump out all the packages of bricks at once is
also just as lame.

I have a suspicion that this might be to make up for the appalling colouring of
the instructions. It's easier to match dark bleys and blacks to the instructions
if they're in piles.

--snip--

Janey "I refuse to colour within the lines, Red Brick"

Steps down from soap box before I go into my "girl" set rant as well.

Tim

Message is in Reply To:
  Re: New instructions at lego.com

(...) Be it carpet, grass, or a bad haircut on a big headed friend... I find this pic so laughable and insulting to the target audience. My own kids rolled their eyes at this one and called "lame". The pic that shows kids not to dump out all the (...) (17 years ago, 24-May-07, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.dear-lego)