 Harry Potter / 263
Re: Saw some of the new Harry Potter sets...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 03:29:46 GMT

in article GEyBA7.H7F@lugnet.com, Matthew Gerber at matthew@digitaliris.com
wrote on 6/14/01 11:06 PM:

In lugnet.harrypotter, Robert Brunskill writes:
Saw some of the new Harry Potter sets at the local Family Toy tonight.

Great find Robert. Thank you.

So, according to our eyewitness account, all of our talk from the Creator
box was correct. WE ROCK!

Matt

I forgot about the Creator software box art, looking at it in comparison,
the big guy (Hogwart?) Is a big block, mostly. I didn't even notice a face,
I thought it was wearing a hood, but it was a very bad picture. I wasn't
sure if the arms moved, but they looked fully sculpted like a creator-fig,
so I assumed they were movable.

The Harry Potter hair piece isn't quite right on the software box. While I
hesitate to call the actual piece more detailed, I would say that the
texture of it is accentuated. I didn't notice too much about the hair of
other figures. His head also looked taller than normal because of it, but
Lego doesn't seem to have too many qualms with messing around with a
figure's head on the packaging (compare the Ogel figure to the box pictures
of him to see what I mean).

The castle on the SW box is the same concept, but doesn't match the details
of the actual set. The big tower is more uniform and because of the wall
pieces, it doesn't have the window (as far as I saw). It would also be more
accurate to knock a level off the castle in the SW box, I think. And the
middle tower is in the back. Not sure if the kit is modular like old castle
sets were supposed to be, I thought they were hinged.

The castle is made of light gray, dark gray, and black, and the roofing was
green.

I expect to see some nifty Lego cathedrals as a result of the castle set.

Rob