 Harry Potter / 1529
Re: 4755 Knight Bus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Sun, 25 Apr 2004 22:29:55 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, James Brink wrote:
I picked up a copy of the new Hagrid's Hut last night. There was considerable
variation in the new dark grey plates in the floor of the hut, and I noticed
some differences between some of the new light grey pieces as well. I'm starting
to lose my faith in the once supreme quality of LEGO.

James

Perhaps it is the lighting available when going through parts, but I have not
seen noticable difference in color on the 5 different Potter sets I have, or in
the Spider-Man sets.  The purple and grey shades on the Hut and Bus are not in
any variance that I can see.  I'm not trying to hold up fool's gold, I just
cannot see the color change from part to part.  Is there a official position on
this from LEGO?  are they mixing in pieces from different factory lines of
different tolerances into different boxes?  Seems that from what people have
said it is not necessarily the same parts in variation, nor the same ratio.
Could be that the ones I have are either (a) corrected, (b) got a better mix, or
(c) I am light blind.

Are there any TLC replies to this effect?  I do intend to buy more of each of
these sets, but I'd hate to think that I'm gonna run into a color sliding scale
of purples and greys in each box.  Or is this LEGO's way of telling us that the
change in official grey and brown shades is all in our imagination?

Note to self; Requires further research...