 Harry Potter / 1524
1523  |  1525
Subject:
4755 Knight Bus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 2004 13:21:39 GMT

This set really has turned out to be a great gem of the line.  If you are a fan
of Town or Train sets, this is definitely a great parts pack.  I love the
assorment of Purple parts in it.

This was actually the first of the new Prisoner sets I opened, because I was
very interested in the supply of Purple.  And yes, it all matches pefectly!  All
the hubbub over the prototype and toyfair pictures was just as I thought, wind.

The funny thing is that the bed pillows are printed on 2x2 slope bricks, so they
look like computers with pillows thrown over them.  Silly, I would have just
gone with a 2x2 tile in white.  The different levels are all stack-able and each
has a bed for the wizards on board to get some rest while the Bus bangs along.
The driver is a welcome new figure, as is the dog (I think he should have been a
tad bigger.).

Pale flesh tones are not as bad as you'd think, and the changes of Greys and
Brown are starting to grow on me.  With as many bricks as I have, this gives me
a reason to continue buying LEGO, so I can build up the new tones to match my
quantity of old.  I think that was the TLC plan all along.  Sneaky devils...

Fear not!  The Purple Pack is fine! :o)