 General / 9080
Re: Some disturbing news
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 22:28:14 GMT

But, does this come down to one simple fact:  Parent involvement?  John Neal
actually *enjoys* Lego bricks - I can personally vouch for that!  Some parents
nowdays just buy their kids toys and that's the end of it - they just tell the
kids to "go and play", and don't get involved...  John and his kids play
together, build together - maybe that's why his kids can actually follow the
directions and build sets properly.

Absolutely.  Children benefit from adult guidance, support and
assistance.  With LEGO and most things, more in the beginning, less
later on.  It's also great quality time with your children.  In my
case it was my little brother, and now my nieces.

I *worked* for LEGO for almost 7 years, I quit in June.  When people ask why I
quit my "dream job", I tell them "The direction LEGO as a company is going is
NOT something I want to be part of anymore..."  When they ask "What direction
is that?", I just reply "Down"....

John, did you write a nice long letter to President & CEO, Kjeld Kirk
Kristiansen, explaining your feelings about the company, its actions,
and your reasons for leaving?

If not, I would encourage you to do so.  I have read several documents
written by Mr. Kristiansen.  He appears to care deeply about his firm
and its employees.

Did you ever get the opportunity to meet him?  Or talk at length with
someone who did know him personally?  I'm curious about his character
if you know.

<ICS>