 General / 9020
Re: Some disturbing news
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 14:26:02 GMT

Jonathan Wilson wrote:

Kids of today have grown up around nintendo games and action figures

Some, not all.  My kids couldn't tell the difference between nintendo or
tenelevendo;-)

You give a kid of today a 5571 giant truck or an 8880 supercar and say here are
the instructions and here are the bits. see if you can put it together. do you
think that we would get a perfect 5571 or 8880?

ILYK  Today is my son's 10th birthday and he's getting the 8448-- I wouldn't bet
against him, though;-)

nope because the kid would stop
and go play nintendo 64 or playstation or play with his new luke skywalker action
figure or whatever. the kids of thday have short attention spans and TLG knows
this. think about this:

I think TLG knows that kids are gravitating to video games and computers, period.
The bricks themselves are passe.  So why invest in that area?  They think they can
survive making Mindstorm stuff and CD ROMs, along with some Town Jr. crap.  As Tony
said, the day of reckoning will come, however delayed by SW.  As far as *I'm*
concerned, the *only* computer software I would ever need won't come from TLG, but
from James Jessiman.

-John

if a kid got a 5571 for christmas and got bored with it rarther quickly, which
kids might do then what is the kid going to do? they are going to complain to
their parents, their parents will take the 5571 back and get a 6494 all in one
police/fire station crappy juionerised set that the kid will be able to put
together before they loose interest in it and then they can spend all day driving
the fire truck or flying the police helicopter around the house. can you pick up a
8480 space shuttle and fly it around the house making wooshing noises? no, i
thought not.

--
Jonathan Wilson
wilsonj@xoommail.com