 General / 9011
Re: Some disturbing news
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 13:17:28 GMT

"Tony Kilaras" <kilaras@speedus.com> writes:

I regret that Star Wars is such a success for Lego because it merely
postpones the day of reckoning.

I have a feeling that this has been said before, but still: Let's not
forget that the Star Wars sets are probably the best LEGO System sets
for a long time.  I think most people would agree that these sets are
much better in terms of buildability and the parts included than most
sets we have seen for the last years.  It could be that LEGO agrees that
the success of the Star Wars sets is indeed related to this.

And I also remember that one of the Star Wars designer's was interviewed
in a Swedish newspaper recently where he said that it was very important
for himself personally that the new Star Wars sets were very
"buildable".  Perhaps there is hope for LEGO after all?

At least I am very happy about the preview images of next years Star
Wars Technic sets we have been seeing recently.  If this is the future
of LEGO Technic, then it looks bright, IMO.

Fredrik