 General / 7144
Re: 1958-60 LEGO Model Display Buildings Catalog
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 16:41:54 GMT

Gary Istok <gistok@umich.edu> wrote in article
<37CC03BF.ED23C6EC@umich.edu>...
Folks,

John DiRienzo and I both recently got the same ancient Lego catalog from
a Belgian Lego dealer/collector as a complimentary gift after we both
won items in this gentleman's Auction.  The catalog, in black and white
with blue background was made circa 1958-60 (before the advent of Lego
Wheels).  It has a lot of very interesting models.  John and I were
trying to figure out whether this was a catalog of items for sale, or of
items for display.

A few of the pictures are especially interesting.  The LEGO castle is
probably one of the earliest ever built out of Lego.  And I really like
the Peking City Gate building as well.

Thanks John for posting these!

http://www114.pair.com/ig88/lego/ib60/index.htm

Thanks very much for posting these wonderful pictures.  I expecially like
the small piano.  It's proof that you don't need buckets of bricks to come
up with clever models.

Regards,
Allan
--
Expert Builder Website - The Megaproject Showcase
http://www.execulink.com/~apotome/expert.htm