 General / 55912
Re: The 236 Garage... the simples and yet most complex LEGO Set...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 15 Nov 2012 20:24:06 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.general, Anders Isaksson wrote:
Gary Istok wrote:
Rather than repost this... I just posted an article in Eurobricks
(where images can be added) about one of the most complex LEGO sets
of all time... the 236/1236 LEGO Garages set...

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=76033

I still own (some) parts of my original Service Station from around 1960,
also *had* some of the cars, but none of them survived my childhood. A
bicycle, two mopeds/Vespa and a motorcycle did survive, though, and are
displayed in my 'Historical Lego' shelf...

You're lucky.  A long time ago (long before the internet), I bought a collection
off a retiree that basically doubled my LEGO collection at the time (now it
might make a dent, but not much).

Anyway, whilst sorting it I came across a few matchbox or hotwheels (or so I
thought) so I threw them out!  See, until the internet I had no idea that LEGO
'dabbled' in cast cars.  Thinking back, since the rest of the collection was
pure LEGO-i.e. no other junk, I'm thinking that the cars were LEGO cars and not
hotwheels/matchbox.

Live and learn :(

Dave K