 General / 54493
  Re: Power Functions infra-red RC protocol released!

(...) In collaboration with Jason Railton I have modified/extended the NBC and NXC API functions for the HiTechnic iRLink device in support of the newly documented Power Function modes as well as the R/C Train IR protocol. I uploaded a new (...) (16 years ago, 1-Feb-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics) !

  Re: Power Functions infra-red RC protocol released!

(...) <snip> Nicely done John! Is there a tentative timeframe when NQC for the RCX will be updated to support IR to the LEGO powerfunctions? Dave K (16 years ago, 2-Feb-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Power Functions infra-red RC protocol released!

(...) I doubt that's possible - a bytecode program just can't run fast enough to do the timing for the IR commands, on either brick. The NXT can only manage it because it sends them over a slow comms link to a HiTechnic IRLink sensor, then that (...) (16 years ago, 3-Feb-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Power Functions infra-red RC protocol released!

In lugnet.general, Jason J Railton wrote: <snip> (...) I'm runnign Dick Swan's alternate firmware that he sent me a while back. Dave K (16 years ago, 4-Feb-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Power Functions infra-red RC protocol released!

(...) Dick Swan's replacement RCX firmware also does not support directly manipulating the IR led and it doesn't support microsecond timing control. Both of these features would be required in order to send the IR messages to a Power Function or R/C (...) (16 years ago, 4-Feb-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Power Functions infra-red RC protocol released!

(...) rats! (...) Thanks for the heads up, John Looks like I really have to start brushing up on my NXT 'bot building now. Dave K (16 years ago, 4-Feb-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: PF IR RC protocol released! - NXC

(...) Many thanks John and Jason for your work on this. I am a comparative newbie to NXC programming but I have my NXT working like a PF IR remote handset now that I set up the sensor correctly! NXC has given me the programming environment to (...) (16 years ago, 5-Feb-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Power Functions infra-red RC protocol released!

(...) Many thanks John and Jason for your work on this. I have been using the NXC functions to control PF IR receivers from my NXT. TLG has just released the following information: "We have been testing the LPF RC Receiver today and discovered an (...) (16 years ago, 6-Feb-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)