 General / 53198
Re: A quick LEGO History
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 23 Dec 2006 20:29:37 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:
Someone on a local Detroit area Historic Preservation site asked me if "LEGO By
Samsonite" meant that Samsonite sold the company to LEGO.

Well I went off on a long tangent, and I thought I would cut/paste it here on a
LEGO forum. Since I wrote this from memory, I may be off by 1 year in my
Beatrice Corp. dates.  Enjoy!

snip <

Gary,
Good, concise history! I've heard bits and pieces of this before, but never
quite so linearly told. I always find this stuff fascinating. Thanks for sharing
this.

- Kelly