 General / 49146
Re: Creator Set has 500 extra pieces in dazzling colors...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 25 Sep 2004 13:31:07 GMT

In lugnet.general, Cary Clark wrote:
In lugnet.general, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:
... There is a new 4679 Creator set tub with 1000 pieces (for $19.99),
with an extra 500 pieces. ... • ...
I'm cataloguing 10 copies to see how many major variations of this set might
exist. • ...
I'm leaning towards three major variations presently,...

I'm not done parting out, but it sure looks like there are three major
variations. The easiest way to identify the variations is from the 'minifig
heads' polybag. Variation 'A' has mostly brown and black heads, but no light
yellow 3x4 33 degree slopes. Variation 'B' also has brown and black heads, but
also has 2 light yellow slopes. Variation 'C' has mostly sand blue and tan
heads, and 10 light yellow slopes.

I'm working on a complete 'inventory' (tricky because there are so many
variations!) but I need to increase my sample size first.

Cary