 General / 47988
Re: 2x4 Brick model?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 2004 01:34:04 GMT

In lugnet.general, C. L. GunningCook wrote:
Hello Darrell, there are many people that have done larger scaled 2 by 4 bricks,
but I haven't seen any instructions. So far, I have 2 versions
http://www.bmts.com/~bccook/sculptur.htm The first pic links to close up pics of
the one that is 7 inches long (which is 6 times normal size) and the second pic
leads to the one that is 21 inches long (that was linked earlier in the thread
by Kris).
If you don't find any instructions,  drop me an email and I could do a count
piece and parts list for the 7 inch one for you.  The construction is pretty
simple, I think there are enough pics to figure it out. Unfortunately, it isn't
quite as big as you were looking for.

Good luck,
Janey "Red Brick"

Wow, neat, thanks to everyone for the links. I never thought to check
Brickshelf, DOH.

I like your smaller brick - am I correct in assuming each stud is detachable?
That would actually help me out.. Are any of the parts particularly
rare/expensive?

I found another picture on Brickshelf of "softbricks" which would be OK too, but
can't seem to find anyplace to buy them (I only need a couple, not $250 worth).
They also look to be a little on the small side, but maybe OK.

Thanks again,

Darrell

Oh, and ps Janey, your big brick is amazing.