 General / 47980

Subject:
2x4 Brick model?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 2004 20:20:19 GMT

Hi,

Does anyone have instructions for an enlarged 2x4 brick made of lego? I'd really
like one about a foot long, but I guess I'd take any size.

Oh, and it would really help if you had a parts list too.. That way I could just
purchase exactly what I needed. :)

I'd like to use this model to demonstrate some 3D ideas for my class, so the
bigger it is, the better (within reason). I tried a search but.. ever search
LUGNET for "Brick" or "2x4"?

If I can't find anything I'll probably make it out of a cardboard box or
foamcore, but it'd be much more fun if it was made of ABS. If someone's already
worked this out it would save me a lot of time. Was there ever a kit for a model
like this made by LEGO?

Thanks,

Darrell

Re: 2x4 Brick model?
In lugnet.general, Darrell Urbien wrote:
   Hi,

Does anyone have instructions for an enlarged 2x4 brick made of lego? I’d really like one about a foot long, but I guess I’d take any size.

Oh, and it would really help if you had a parts list too.. That way I could just purchase exactly what I needed. :)

I’d like to use this model to demonstrate some 3D ideas for my class, so the bigger it is, the better (within reason). I tried a search but.. ever search LUGNET for “Brick” or “2x4”?

If I can’t find anything I’ll probably make it out of a cardboard box or foamcore, but it’d be much more fun if it was made of ABS. If someone’s already worked this out it would save me a lot of time. Was there ever a kit for a model like this made by LEGO?

Thanks,

Darrell

Here’s a one example doing a quick look on Brickshelf.... http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=77300 with probably more inner detail than you’d need.

And an example of a smaller 2x2 brick you could work off of... http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=26749

Should be a good start.

Kris

Re: 2x4 Brick model?
In lugnet.general, Darrell Urbien wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone have instructions for an enlarged 2x4 brick made of lego? I'd really
like one about a foot long, but I guess I'd take any size.

Oh, and it would really help if you had a parts list too.. That way I could just
purchase exactly what I needed. :)

I'd like to use this model to demonstrate some 3D ideas for my class, so the
bigger it is, the better (within reason). I tried a search but.. ever search
LUGNET for "Brick" or "2x4"?

If I can't find anything I'll probably make it out of a cardboard box or
foamcore, but it'd be much more fun if it was made of ABS. If someone's already
worked this out it would save me a lot of time. Was there ever a kit for a model
like this made by LEGO?

Not sure if instructions are available, but John Neal's son made a cool
sculpture, shown here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=77707

Dave!

Re: 2x4 Brick model?