 General / 47360
Re: Photos of The Vault / 'new' classic space set?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 6 May 2004 16:20:26 GMT

"Tim Courtney" <lego@SPAMCAKE.timcourtney.net> wrote in message
In lugnet.general, Huw Millington wrote:

Here are some pictures I took in there, and also in the new 'museum' • area
that is being set up in the same building.

Hi Huw -

I'm surprised they allowed you to take (and post) pictures. When I was • there in
2002, I was asked to put my camera away.

I only spent a little time inside. It was only one part of a perhaps • hour-long
personal tour of the Idea House. It must have been great to spend several • hours
investigating!

Photos in the idea house were not allowed, but I specifically arranged to go
to the vault for Brickset research purposes, and confirmed that photographs
were permited beforehand.

I didn't mention that while I was in there I was interviewed and
photographed by the LEGO Life [1] reporter, so if you get to see that, look
out for me in a future issue! I was asked to pick a favourite set with which
to be photographed with. I chose one of the Maersk truck sets...

Huw

[1] LEGO's in-house staff magazine