 General / 47180
Re: Color Change - Final Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Wed, 5 May 2004 16:45:16 GMT

Additionally, like Thomas Main suggested, I'd like to see BURPs, both
shapes, available in both light gray and dark gray.  I'd also like to see
the large grey baseplate remain available in the original color as well
although that one wouldn't be nearly as high on the wish list as train • track
and BURPs.

Hmm, BURPS. Actually, I think you could almost get away with the rectangular
ones. The triangular ones aren't that useful in bulk. I did use a bunch in
my cliff scene, but only because I wanted to conserve rectangular BURPS. If
I had twice as many rectangular ones, I would not have used any triangular
ones.

Grey baseplates is another good one. Hmm, while we're at it, could we have
the 48x48 baseplate in a few other colors (blue would be way cool).

While I know many in the community hoped the answer would be for TLC to
issue a response such as "you were right, we were wrong, we're switching
back" or something to that effect, I didn't expect it would happen.

Agreed.

While I don't agree with the color change I am willing to accept it an • move
on but I would like TLC to make it easier for me to embrace the color
change.  Right now I have a few parts in these new colors.  I don't have
enough of them to make much use of them so they are no different to me • than
some of the oddball Belville colors I have in my collection.

Agreed.

I would like to see TLC issue a bulk tub which contains a good assortment
(not a tub of 1x1s like 4407 is) of bricks, plates, slopes, in the new
colors.  I don't know how well these would sell on the shelf at Target,
probably not well at all.  If they were augmented with some castle walls,
turets, and some castle figs, they could be marketed as a Castle "Designer
Set".  For those of us who are not castle people, we could still get a • good
quantity of bricks and plates and probably find "homes" for the other • stuff
we didn't want.

So I am asking TLC to help me make lemonade out of what is now a small
basket of lemons.  If you want me to embrace the new colors, make them
readily available in a broad palette of elements and I'll get on board. • If
I need to part sets out to get them, then it will be years before I have a
suitable supply to build with.

This is definitely true. If I could buy tubs with a wide variety of parts in
the new colors at 5 cents a brick or less (at least 75% greys and brown, but
hey, if you want to throw in some of the other colors, that would be cool
also), I would buy a  bunch of those right off the bat to be able to create
decent constructions in the new colors. Heck, price them right, and I might
acquire more brick in these colors than I have in the old colors.

Frank