 General / 47181
Re: Color Change - Final Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Wed, 5 May 2004 16:49:26 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jake McKee wrote:

Yeah, great! We (the AFOLs) fight against those new colours and you (TLC) make
them even more solid and declare them made for eternity? Calling that "good
news" is sheer sneer, isn't it?

Only if you choose to view it that way. (I tend to be a "on the bright side...."
kind of guy) To me, this is the AFOLs saying something (we're upset that things
changed suddenly), and the company reacting ( locking these new colors so that
you feel confident that we aren't going to change them again, and never again,
will we make changes like this without AFOL input)

It might be worth noting that this doesn't suggest that TLG will actually take
AFOL input into consideration--merely that TLG won't make the change without
AFOL input.  The input might easily be ignored, but TLG can still claim to have
accepted AFOL input...

     Dave!