 General / 47169
Re: Color Change - Final Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Wed, 5 May 2004 16:17:09 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.general, Mark Riley wrote:
In lugnet.general, Bryan Kinkel wrote:

But I would also be interested in what kind of "good thinking" went into
this. Why did Lego do this? Why take something that has been stable for 25+
years and suddenly change it?

Well, somewhere in all the "good thinking" you will probably find the word
"Bionicle".  Not even Jake would be able to put enough spin on that for us AFOLs
to swallow it...  ;-)  Hence, the reasoning will remain a mystery to us.

I'm going to be answering some of the questions brought up in this thread as
best as I can throughout the day and week. But let me say that I take issue with
that idea that I "spin" anything.

I don't try to, nor do I feel like I spin or in any way lie to this community. I
have a mantra that I maintain an "open and honest relationship" with this
community. Over almost 4 years of working for LEGO and with this community, I
feel like I've done a very good job of sticking to that mantra.

There are times when I've delivered answers/updates that you don't like, or
perhaps don't even believe. But that fact is, I've never, ever lied to this
community. But please don't equate me delivering an answer to you don't like
with me dealing in half-truths, lies, or spin.

To the question about "good thinking", no matter what the answer is, anything I
say will upset many of you. I can fully and totally understand that. Please
don't think I'm trying to get anyone to stop sharing their thoughts on this, or
any other issue. (Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm nothing if not completely
open to hear and pass along your concerns) I will work on answering this
question soon, but I want to make absolutely sure I am saying what I mean by
"good thinking" exactly right. Text is a hard medium to communicate in, and I
want to make sure I'm being clear. (This isn't spinning, it's ensuring clarity
in a charged situation)

OK, back to reading this thread! :)

Jake

---