 General / 43531
Re: Interesting question...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 12:18:12 GMT

In lugnet.general, Miguel Agullo wrote:
I am aware of the legal / technical issues involved. But let me point to the
bright pink elephant sitting in the middle of the room which goes by the name of
POVray. If you use an infinite plane for a floor in POVray, are you not using a
non-Lego part? How is that different from, say, creating a POVray city using
this app:

http://www.geocities.com/ccolefax

and adding your Ldraw MOC to it? Where does the difference between a simple
plane and bunch of more complex structures lie?

Although I am not a 100% lego purist, I see nothing wrong in using a
'background' in Povray. Real builders build their models on non-lego tables,
non-lego floors in non-lego houses and probably photograph them in non-lego
gardens. The same if you Povray your LDraw model with a digital non-lego
background.

Niels