 General / 43496

Subject:
Interesting question...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 01:18:18 GMT

Now that we are seing more "custom" parts being made (for example the
Starwars weapons, the Castle accessories and the Train wheels), it raises
an important question...
are these "Lego"?

For example, if I use them, am I no-longer a purist?
Does using them constitute use of a "clone brand"?
What about LDRAW, what if someone wants to create a LDRAW part file for
these parts (the train driver in particular), will the LDRAW people accept
it? (I can forsee people using the train driver in MOCs then wanting to CAD
and render and make instructions of and etc the MOC)
And what about someone wanting to use the parts in a kit and then selling
the kit? Does the use of the part mean that its no longer LEGO?
And what about someone wanting to sell these parts on Bricklink or
whatever? (perhaps they have bought some wheels in one color and then
realized that they need a different color)

Re: Interesting question...