 General / 43096
Re: "get an orientation on the LEGO community"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 07:38:43 GMT

   In lugnet.space, Tim Courtney wrote:

Where does a newbie go to get an orientation on the LEGO community as a whole? Also, where does a seasoned veteran go for a one-stop LEGO experience, with direct access to information they need everywhere? I know this isn’t trivial stuff, but I think its a goal that can and should be worked towards.

Hope this clears things up, and also hope it raises more questions :-)

-Tim

Facinating.

We should form a commitee and make a web site. A guiding place for Newbies, AND as a guide or to put a “Face” to the resources, people, orgs, and knowlegde about building with Lego, etc...

But the key is that it would not be redundant because all the seperate repositories of activity in all the diversity of the people who enjoy building with Lego, could be shown, linked from this main portal to places like Lugnet, Brickshelf, Peron, BL, just to name a few, where all the good stuff really is.

Maybe people would come here and understand how to better interact or to just enhance their own knowledge.

Write that down.

(Sub thought)