 General / 33769
Re: Cleaning used Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 17:49:59 GMT

In lugnet.general, Frank Filz writes:
Stephen Altbacker wrote:
I do not clean printed bricks, or bricks with labels, or other "delicate
pieces by soaking overnight.  I recommend cleaning these pieces "gently" by
hand.

Believe me, printed bricks (other than some early ones) can absolutely
safely be soaked. • <snip>
Frank

The only thing I've found really detrimental to printed pieces is silly
putty, which I briefly considered as a cleaning agent.  Yes, it gets dust
and grime off and is really cool for recreating scenes from the blob with
your legos but it did pull all the gold off of classic space minifigure torsos.

Detergent, while not as fun, is perfectly safe.

Allen D. Carley