 General / 33704
Re: Cleaning used Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 11:50:32 GMT

Richard Morton wrote:

Hi all,

Quick question. I have just received a HUGE amount of used Lego I won in an
eBay auction. Some of it is quite dirty/greasy etc and I want to have a go
at cleaning it up a bit.
My question is, in your expert opinions, what is the best way to do this?
Warm water and washing up liquid?
Anyone tried putting Lego in a dishwasher at low setting? Is that a stupid
idea? (Probably!)

Obviously, I'm not about to load up my dishwasher full of Lego, but I just
wondered what the best way to clean it up is?

I've got some information on my web page:

http://www.mindspring.com/~ffilz/Lego/general.html#CARE

I have never used a dishwasher. I find that the soaking process is most
important. Much of the dirt and grime will float away. It is important
however to do a second wash with fresh soapy water (I have had the water
from the first wash come out quite grey).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com