 General / 33689
Re: SEALUG Meeting with VLC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 20:41:12 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mark Sandlin writes:
Hi Everyone,

On Saturday, I drove up to Vancouver BC with Sean Forbes to meet the
fine folks of VLC.

<snip>

After spending about 4 hours shopping, we returned to the apartment
complex and about 6 of us parted out our AT-ST sets. Then we had a
"draft", where we drew numbers and went around the table in order, each
person taking a pile of parts until no more piles were left. It was a
fun way for all of us to get parts in multiples, without having to buy a
lot of sets. We repeated the process with the DV TIE/ Y-Wing set. I
thought it was a pretty nice system. Everyone got a couple piles of
parts they could use, and it was fun watching people consider which pile
of parts they wanted more.

Hah hah!  The draft is spreading, and now it has crossed the border. :)  We
infected Robin when he was in Edmonton a couple weeks back.  "Soon now.
Soon.  Mwa ha ha ha!"

Drafting is fun, and addictive.  (watch out for them blue windshields, though)

thanks,

James