 General / 33119
Re: Ed Boxer - I'm OK - A day I will never forget
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 20:54:35 GMT

Wow Ed,

Your account is as terrifying as any I've heard so far. Perhaps moreso since
I know you, the general feeling of detachment and disbelief refuses to take
hold. I hope only for the best and although I am greatly saddened by the
attacks in general, I am glad to hear that you escaped safely. Every life
saved is a miracle in this case. The whole event seems so discouraging, but
some points of light give me strength - the people rescued, even by
amateurs, the passangers on the plane who managed to call their families to
say last words... with all the pain, these emotional stories give us (or at
least me) some meager hope.

I'm certain as well that you will never forget this day. And also (but of
course, to a lesser degree) I don't think anyone in the world will be able
to. I for one feel it is worse yet than Pearl Harbor in its day. I also fear
we have not seen the last of these attacks. As one of the CNN interviewees
(a psychologist) said, Now that we know the previously unknown, we fill in
the gaps and scare ourselves....

hoping and praying,
-Shiri