 General / 28557
Re: The Kjeld Billionometer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 02:08:02 GMT

In article <3AA5574E.7D55@mindspring.com>,
Frank Filz  <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote:
Interesting, they lost 0.028 billion, yet Kirk's personal wealth still
grew 0.3 billion... Obviously he has been investing his wealth somewhere
else besides just TLC...

Probably, but also note that a company can, strangely enough, lose money
and become more valuable at the same time. Take, for example, Amazon, whose
stock shot up like Discovery... have they actually turned a profit yet?

-JDF
--
J.D. Forinash                                     ,-.
foxtrot@cc.gatech.edu                            ( <