 General / 28549
    The Kjeld Billionometer —Suzanne D. Rich
   Kjeld stays in top 200 of The Richest People in the World. Just think of all the LEGO sets we could buy with a billion dollars! It's fun to see these numbers compared. royalty and such are excluded. Note in 1999 KKK beat out The Three Steves (Case, (...) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.general) !

        Re: The Kjeld Billionometer —Frank Filz
     (...) Yea, if we had a billion dollars to spend on LEGO, we would double the annual production (note the sales of 1.1 billion...). Gee, I wonder how many custom sets you could convince them to make if you have a billion bucks to throw around... (...) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.general)

         Re: The Kjeld Billionometer —John D. Forinash
     (...) Probably, but also note that a company can, strangely enough, lose money and become more valuable at the same time. Take, for example, Amazon, whose stock shot up like Discovery... have they actually turned a profit yet? -JDF (23 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.general)

        Re: The Kjeld Billionometer —Suzanne Rich
     (...) Curiosity got the better of me and I checked out how he's doing. Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen is no longer ahead of Steve Jobs, but he is higher on the list than Donald Trump! Here's another six years of data added to my own (now very old) post... (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jul-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

        Re: The Kjeld Billionometer —Gerhard R. Istok
     Thanks for the info Suz! When I looked at the Forbes list a few years ago, I remember seeing another Danish name on the list (can't remember it)... but the company associated with that other name is familiar to us all.......MAERSK! I guess when (...) (18 years ago, 10-Jul-06, to lugnet.general)

        Re: The Kjeld Billionometer —Jake McKee
   (...) The best part about this is that Kjeld is one of the nicest, kindest, most modest people I've ever met. (I can say this and have you believe me since I'm no longer employed there!) One of my greatest career moments was sitting in his office (...) (18 years ago, 11-Jul-06, to lugnet.general)