 General / 28551
Re: The Kjeld Billionometer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 21:31:58 GMT

Suzanne D. Rich wrote:

Kjeld stays in top 200 of The Richest People in the World.
Just think of all the LEGO sets we could buy with a billion dollars!

Yea, if we had a billion dollars to spend on LEGO, we would double the
annual production (note the sales of 1.1 billion...). Gee, I wonder how
many custom sets you could convince them to make if you have a billion
bucks to throw around...

summary:
year       1997  1998  1999  2000
list place  126 > 145 > 175 > 154
billions    2.5 > 2.3 > 2.8 > 3.1 • ...
What's new: Announced a restructuring in January, laying off up to 1,000
employees. In May reported losses ($28 million) for the first time since his
grandfather founded Lego in the 1930s.

Interesting, they lost 0.028 billion, yet Kirk's personal wealth still
grew 0.3 billion... Obviously he has been investing his wealth somewhere
else besides just TLC...

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com