 General / 27483

Subject:
my LEGO display
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 20:48:18 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hi,

The local library asked me to display some of my Lego collection, since they
had two glass display cabinets in the reading area that were empty.
I filled one cabinet completely with train stuff (mostly MOCs). Since I only
had a two weekends to build stuff I have drawn a lot of inspiration from
creations I have seen elsewhere and mixed and matched those with my own
building style.
A picture of the train cabinet:
As you can see on the top shelf the 725, 7740 and 4564. The other shelves
are filled with MOCs. All buildings are open on one side so the kids could
see what is happening inside the train station and the engine shed.

The other cabinet is a general display cabinet with on the top shelf the
Ultimate LEGO book opened on the page that shows the (female) Lego Dragon
sculpture  and the LD Dragon sculpture. The formula one cars were also a big
hit (the Silver Champion hangs on fishwire -otherwise it would take up a
whole shelf on its own!) Further some promo sets and the Sail 'n' Fly Marina
(because it's my favorite town set and there is lots to see for the kids who
sat on the floor paying much attention while I was busy!).
A picture of the second cabinet is here:

More pictures can be found in my Brickshelf directory here:

I had a great time building the display and I got very positive reactions
from the people visiting the library :-)

-Frank

--
Visit the LEGO Lexicon: http://members.chello.nl/~f.buiting/lego/

Re: my LEGO display
That looks great. Amizing how much you have there.
I understood that you had much less space there, but there is lots of it
(well, best would be enougth to have a circle to have a train running. How
many m2 do you have there?

How about http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=31560 ? These two
blue cars below look much like these in 3225. Do you have some better
pictures of them? (It is me who is crazy - simple mocs I asume)

Sonnich